At Joyful Noise Homeschool Band we take very seriously the dual responsibility of being fiscally responsible while taking into account the needs of our home educated families.
In keeping with that philosophy, we keep our fees as low as possible without sacrificing the quality of our music education experience.
- Registration Fee — Registration Fees are payable upon your student’s acceptance into the program. They are non-refundable and non-transferable. Places in your class are not guaranteed unless the registration fee has been paid. We do limit class sizes and regret having to turn families away. Please register early.
- Insurance Fee — The Insurance/Building Fee is payable annually. It is $20 per family. Our host requires that we have insurance to protect the facility in case of damage. With over 700 Joyful Noise Members, parents and siblings in the building weekly, it is an understandable concern.
- Parent Registration Fee — We welcome parent participation, whether you played in school or always wanted to! Parents never pay tuition, only a registration fee of $60.
- Tuition Fee — Tuition Fees differ based on the class you are taking. Check the registration form to see the fees for this year. Our “Exceptional Electives” are generally $100, due to the fact that you must also be enrolled in a basic course in order to attend these. Registration fees are payable immediately upon acceptance into the program. Tuition Fees are due in full the first day of class. However, they may be paid in full upon enrollment, or may be paid by using the following payment plan: 50% of tuition to be paid by the first day of class, and the remaining 50% is due by the first class in January. If there is some difficulty in paying on time, please notify us; we will make every effort to work with you. If you drop out, you are still required to pay the balance of your tuition. The only exceptions would be: Moving more than 30 miles away, a death in the immediate family, or a parent’s loss of a job.
- Multiple Child Discount — To keep the program affordable for all, families with more than three students enrolled in a particular class will only be charged for two tuition fees for that class. For example, if you have three students in band classes, you will only pay tuition for two, but registration fees for all three.
- Late Fee — A Late Fee of $10 per month will be charged for Tuition Fees not paid in full by the due date. Unpaid Tuition Fees may cause your child to be dropped from the class or prevent participation in the concert. Again, if there are special circumstances that may cause your payment to be late, please call ahead and make arrangements. See the Registration Form for details of the fee schedule. To determine your annual cost of music education, you should also include your personal costs for instrument rental or purchase, music books, a music stand, concert dress (see guidelines page), as well as disposable materials such as reeds, cleaning kit, valve oil, strings, etc. Other optional items are group photos and Band t-shirts. These items are offered as a service, but not required.
Music is a worthy investment for your student!