Although our bands are taught by paid professionals, our organization is run by volunteer homeschooling parents. There are many things outside directing a band that must be accomplished in order to make Joyful Noise Homeschool Band a success. As with all volunteer organizations, the principle of “many hands make light work” applies. Therefore, you will notice a place on the registration form to note your intention to volunteer in some capacity during the year, or to opt out by paying the non-volunteer fee.
Please do not be put off by the sound of this requirement. Many volunteer needs are easily accomplished right at the church during band time and will not take any more time away from your family or homeschooling program.
Please see below for your class time:
Younger Student Classes
- Itty Bitty Noisemakers 11:30-12 (If necessary, also 11:00 to 11:30) Ages 1 and 2
- Joyful Noisemakers 3 years 12-1 4 and 5 years 11-12 and 12-1.
- Pre-Twinkle 1 1-2 Ages 5 or 6 by Jan. 1
- Pre-Twinkle 2 2-3
- Beginner Recorder 1-1:30 (If necessary, also 1:30-2) Ages 6+
- Intermediate Recorder 12:30-1
- Advanced Recorder 12-12:30
- Ukulele 1 1-2
- Ukulele 2 2-3
Core Classes: Band, Orchestra, Chorus, Guitar
- High School Chorus 11-12
- Middle School Chorus 12-1
- Children’s Chorus 1-2 Elementary aged students
- Beginner Orchestra 2-3
- Intermediate Orchestra 1-2
- Advanced Orchestra 12-1
- Chamber/Symphony Orchestra 11-12
- Young Guitar Beginner 11-11:30
- Older Beginner Guitar 11:30-12
- Guitar Intermediate 12-1
- Guitar Advanced 1-2
- Beginner Band 1-2
- Intermediate Band 2-3
- Advanced Band 1-2
- Elite Band 12-1
Tier 2 Classes (requires registration in a core class as well)
- Beginning Jazz 12-1
- Jazz Ensemble 11-12
- Woodwind Ensemble 2-3
- Worship Team 11-12
To register for Joyful Noise programs, please print out this registration form for 2017-2018.
Note: The week we receive your registration form, you will receive invitations to join the Joyful Noise Yahoo group and SignUpGenius.
- On the Yahoo group, you’ll get daily updated information. Please join this immediately, as the invitation will expire and you will miss lots of important information.
- Required Family Participation jobs are listed on SignUpGenius. In order to get your preferred job, you’ll need to sign up quickly. You'll receive your invitation, upon your paid registration.
Changes you need to know about before you register this year:
- AUDITIONS – There will be auditions for Guitar, Band and Orchestra students on August 18. Please make arrangements to be available on that date. After registration, you'll receive a Sign-Up Genius invitation to sign up for a particular time.
- Register for the class you HOPE to take next year, after auditions, you will be placed in the appropriate class for your skill level. We understand that this might mean your schedule might change. Practicing through the summer is the best way to assure that you make the class you want.
- NOISEMAKERS - We are splitting off the 3 year old Joyful Noisemakers at the request of Mrs. Garwood. This is the way it had been in the past, and we feel that it will be great for all the students as we adapt the program to meet their age appropriate needs.
- CHORUS - We're taking the Youth Chorus and making it 2 groups....youth chorus-high school and youth chorus-middle school. We will still continue to have Children's chorus as well. Chris Owenby will continue to direct all three groups.
- GUITAR - Class times for guitar have changed. They've been moved to earlier in the day.
- JOYFUL NOISE begins on September 8. Concert Uniforms are ordered on September 15. Photos are taken on October 6 and 13. Fall concerts are on November 10 and 17. We begin again on January 5.. Bandtastic, Stringsational and Amaz’Sing date TBA. Spring concerts are on May 4 and 11.