Although our bands are taught by paid professionals, our organization is run by volunteer homeschooling parents. There are many things outside directing a band that must be accomplished in order to make Joyful Noise Homeschool Band a success. As with all volunteer organizations, the principle of “many hands make light work” applies. Therefore, you will notice a place on the registration form to note your intention to volunteer in some capacity during the year, or to opt out by paying the non-volunteer fee.
Please do not be put off by the sound of this requirement. Many volunteer needs are easily accomplished right at the church during band time and will not take any more time away from your family or homeschooling program.
If you’d like to register for the 2018-2019 school year, first, contact Susan Davis to determine if there is still space in the classes you desire, then print the form below and mail it with your check. Many classes are limited in size, so please register early in order to get the classes you want. Your space will be held for 3 days (time for the form to arrive in the mail), after which it will be released to others if the check has not arrived.
Please see the Class Schedule page for class times
To register for Joyful Noise programs, print out this registration form for 2018-2019.
Note: The week we receive your registration form, you will receive invitations to join the Joyful Noise Yahoo group and SignUpGenius.
- On the Yahoo group, you’ll get daily updated information. Please join this immediately, as the invitation will expire and you will miss lots of important information.
- Required Family Participation jobs are listed on SignUpGenius. In order to get your preferred job, you’ll need to sign up quickly. You'll receive your invitation, upon your paid registration.
Things you need to know before you register this year:
- AUDITIONS – There will be auditions for Band and Orchestra students on August 24. Please make arrangements to be available on that date. After registration, you'll receive a Sign-Up Genius invitation to sign up for a particular time. If you are in Orchestra and would prefer to audition away from our facility, our instructors are willing to have you audition one week earlier at their homes. There will be a sign up genius for this too.
- Register for the class you HOPE to take next year, after auditions, you will be placed in the appropriate class for your skill level. We understand that this might mean your schedule might change. Practicing through the summer is the best way to assure that you make the class you want.
- NOISEMAKERS - We are splitting off the 3 year old Joyful Noisemakers at the request of Mrs. Garwood (if we have enough students register). This is the way it had been in the past, and we feel that it will be great for all the students as we adapt the program to meet their age appropriate needs.
- GUITAR - Class times for guitar have changed. They've been moved to earlier in the day.
- RECORDER class times have changed, due to the request of some students.
- JOYFUL NOISE begins on September 7. Concert Uniforms are ordered at Audition day, August 24th or September 14th. Photos are taken on October 5 and 12. Fall concerts are on November 9 and 16. We begin again on January 4.. Bandtastic, Stringsational and Amaz’Sing date TBA. Spring concerts are on May 3 and 10.